RightScale Cloud Management Platform Review

Straightforward to set up and reasonably-priced, but the integration with other tools is limited

What is our primary use case?

We are a provider of cloud solutions and the RightScale Cloud Management Platform is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Optima, which is something that we use quite extensively.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is an area that can be improved.

If you are looking for a lot of automation then, because there are domain-specific languages, there is a learning curve. Once you learn that, and the language is not that difficult, it is okay.

There are a limited number of integrations. I would like to be able to integrate natively with a few other infrastructure tools.

We have been working with this platform for about six months.

In terms of stability, we have had no problems up to this point.

This is a scalable product. Our clients are medium-sized companies.

Technical support is something that can improve, but we have our own technical team so we have not had to rely on them.

We have worked extensively on Red Hat CloudForms, which is now part of IBM Cloud Pak. There are some features in Cloud Pak that are not there in this product.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have our own team that provides technical support internally.

The pricing for this product works differently, as they charge you based on your cloud spend. The price is higher than an open-source product, or CloudForms, or IBM Cloud Pak, but it is still not very high. It's okay.

We did a POC with vRealize, and one with CloudCheckr.

What other advice do I have?

On the cloud management side, this product works well and there is nothing that our customers have mentioned they would like to have improved.

As a product, it is pretty well designed. My only real complaint is about the technical support. That said, if you have your own team then it's not a big issue.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More RightScale Cloud Management Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)
Find out what your peers are saying about Flexera, Scalr, Cisco and others in Cloud Management. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.