Rubrik Go Review

Easy to install with a large cloud compatibility but needs better documentation

What is our primary use case?

We propose and deploy the solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

Clients find the cost very good and enjoy the large cloud compatibility. It also has good automation.

The solution is easy to install; our team just has to put together the plan, give it to IT and let them handle it. Other solutions are quite complex, but this is much simpler.

What needs improvement?

The support needs to be improved. There are some areas where we're dependant on the support team and we can't resolve issues that are on-site. The solution doesn't give too much user interface to the end-user and seems to hold back a lot of resources.

If you were to compare it to, say, EMC, the availability of the documentation, training programs, and end-user education aren't as good. Rubrik could improve this.

The solution could benefit from duplication.

I've begun to get familiar with the solution. I've used it for the last two months or so, and have attended some workshops although I haven't done any operations on it yet.

The stability of the solution is good. Initially, it wasn't that stable. However, since deployment, it's been improving.

The scalability of the solution is good.

Technical support isn't that good, especially if you compare it to a competitor like EMC.

I've previously used EMC. While Rubrik is easier to install, EMC has much better documentation for the end-user to take advantage of.

The initial setup is very straightforward, especially when you compare it to traditional backup solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We work with a hybrid deployment model.

I'd advise others to look at their environment before considering the solution. Users considering it should take time to figure out their scalability expectations as well as what other applications they're running and what their database is.

Although I haven't been working with it too much, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. It's a new product and we still have to test it on an enterprise level.

Hybrid Cloud

More Rubrik Go reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas SaaS Backup
Find out what your peers are saying about Rubrik, Clumio, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.