Sangfor NGAF Review

Great pricing, reliable stability, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We primarily provide this solution to our clients. We are providing services at financial institutions. We provide features based on customer requirements.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers some decent features. The assessment feature, for example, is a highly rated feature in Sangfor. It has options that aren't available on other products.

It's a very reliable solution.

The deployment process is very straightforward.

The stability is excellent.

We've found the technical support to be helpful.

The pricing is very good.

All the next-generation firewalls are providing the features Sangfor is already providing. It offers a good vulnerability assessment. This feature is not available on other devices. This feature allows for access to the endpoints and gives visibility to the vulnerabilities in Sangfor.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if the solution offered SD-WAN capabilities. It's not as good as what is offered by Fortinet, for example.

They need to increase the number of ports in the firewall. Both Fortinet and Sophos, for example, provide many more than what Sangfor provides.

I've been working with the solution since about 2018. It's been a few years at this point.

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any issues with any of our customers. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's extremely reliable.

We have about 50 different customers who have used the solution.

The technical support is very good. Many products don't offer technical support in Pakistan. However, Sangfor does, which gives them an advantage. Their technical experts are right here and not in some other time zone or speaking some other language. If any customer faces any issues, they can go directly to the customer site. If a partner cannot rectify the situation, the customer has the option of going right to Sangfor. I would say that our clients have been satisfied so far.

I've previously worked with other solutions, such as Sophos and Fortinet. They are better for enterprise-sized organizations. Sangfor is better for smaller businesses. It's much more cost-effective.

We did not have an issue with the initial setup. The solution has a Wizard that basically walks you through the process. It's easy. It's not overly complex or difficult to execute.

The pricing is good. It's an affordable option for smaller companies.

What other advice do I have?

We are Sangfor Gold partners.

I'd recommend this solution for the SMB market, as it is cost-effective and reliable. If a company is enterprise-sized, something like Sophos may be more suitable.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More Sangfor NGAF reviews from users
...who compared it with Sophos XG
Find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Fortinet, Sophos and others in Firewalls. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.