SAP Business One on AWS Review

Stable solution but there have been problems with the deployment

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution will be sale purchasing and financing.

What needs improvement?

Presently the vendor that is deploying it has lots of challenges. They are implementing it now, but we've not really signed it up. The challenge we are currently facing is that we are trying to integrate it with an SSL, or adding the SSL certificate. That is proving to be quite a challenge. That's mapping the private IP address with the public IP address.

I feel that these vendors must be well trained so that they can deploy this solution. The challenge is that they know the internal configuration, but they don't know how to configure it on a server. I don't think they have good knowledge of server security.

What we are basically using it for, is as an accounting package. So the vendors need to have a very good understanding of accounting and balancing accounts. They are not well-grounded.

A vendor is currently deploying it in our organization, so we have just started using it on premises.

I believe the solution is very stable.

We currently have eight users and the only challenge I currently see is the performance. We only have a license for eight users, but we plan on increasing our usage if we are satisfied with it and if it meets our needs. So I believe the solution is scalable.

The vendor wasn't competent enough to deploy the SAP solution so I had to go online to help them resolve their issue. And I am a customer.

The initial setup is rather straightforward even though we have been struggling with a few issues.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution a seven. Additional features I would like to see in the next version is an ERP. This is an SAP Business One solution, but the HR part of SAP Business One is very limited. If they can add more features to the HR module inside the SAP Business One, it would be great.