SAS Enterprise GRC Review

We've improved our data management & human resource skills. Needs to work more on its presentation layer for users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of these products are: completeness of vision, innovativeness, common technology platform, easy integration between tools and scalibility.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to improve our data management, human resource skills and productivity, management reporting, and subsequently data mining for other business operations.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to work more on its presentation layer for users.

We have been using these products for 6 years

None, till the time you follow proper deployment strategies.

No, till you ensure proper and scalible underlying technology architecture.

Customer Service: That is the only area where SAS needs to look into. It was just satisfactory.Technical Support: Good

Yes, we were using a number of third party softwares and needed a single technology based platform to reduce redundancies, have better operational management, better data management, and good management reporting.

The initial set-up is not difficult, if you know how to do it. Otherwise setting-up any tool will give you nightmares.

We implemented it through a vendor. They were excellent and knew how to go about.

Solution set-up cost was high as SAS is an expensive product. The costs depends on the scope of work. However, the tools are cheap and high on returns in terms of data insights, data accessibility, data management, and reporting.

Yes, we did evaluate a number of products before choosing SAS tools and products. Other products evaluated were: Business Objects, Cognos, IBM Mentas for AML, Risk Tools for Termenos.

What other advice do I have?

Follow the suggested implementation approach and it will be a smooth sailing. The core issue in any business analytics and business intelligence solutions is always data quality, deployment architecture and skilled human resource. Ensure that you have deliberated on these in detail and there will be no issues or hiccups during implementation