SAS Enterprise Guide Review

Brought better performance by having people work on a powerful server instead of a workstation

What is our primary use case?

Everyday use for application development (reporting, data analysis, scoring, and ETL).

How has it helped my organization?

SAS EG really helped us fix a security problem with SAS PC by bringing the data on a secure SAS server. Then, we could have the end users use SAS EG for work with SAS. This secured the overall solution, also bringing better performance by having people work on a powerful server instead of a workstation.

What is most valuable?

Some of the tasks provided are really useful, such as "characterize data". This feature saved me a lot of time in the past years by providing me with a complete picture of a data table with just a few clicks. It is great for profiling data.

What needs improvement?

I feel that the performance could be increased by leveraging multi-thread with any SAS BI platform, not just the high performance ones.

I see no reason for limiting the process to sequential all the time.

More than five years.

People used to work with SAS PC a lot where I used to work. This was causing security issues with data residing on physical PCs.