SAS Enterprise Guide Reviews

rating
User
Statistician
Feb 22 2018

What is most valuable?

As discussed above, the process flow and code wizards are very valuable as they allow any analyst, even those totally new to SAS, to quickly learn about new projects and get up to speed so that they can start working with it as fast as possible. The base SAS functionality of SAS EG delivers when it… more»

How has it helped my organization?

SAS EG is a reliable program that consistently performs well when it comes to manipulating large datasets. Furthermore, the process flow and code wizards help keep things well organized so that it's easy to pass on projects to other analysts.

What needs improvement?

I realize that this is fairly impractical as a request, given how SAS EG is programmed, but I'd love it to be as quick as base SAS for simpler data queries. The intention of SAS EG is that the SAS commands are executed on a server, so this isn't a very fair comment to make. I do find the online… more»

SAS has excellent customer service and their products are well tested and perform their intended function, however, they aren't inexpensive. Generally speaking, there is a higher initial cost to obtain a license and then a reduced renewal cost, but you'll be paying the renewal cost for as long as… more»
Mathieu Gaouette
Consultant BI senior - spécialité SAS at a financial services firm
Feb 26 2018

What is most valuable?

Some of the tasks provided are really useful, such as "characterize data". This feature saved me a lot of time in the past years by providing me with a complete picture of a data table with just a few clicks. It is great for profiling data.

How has it helped my organization?

SAS EG really helped us fix a security problem with SAS PC by bringing the data on a secure SAS server. Then, we could have the end users use SAS EG for work with SAS. This secured the overall solution, also bringing better performance by having people work on a powerful server instead of a… more»

What needs improvement?

I feel that the performance could be increased by leveraging multi-thread with any SAS BI platform, not just the high performance ones. I see no reason for limiting the process to sequential all the time.

People used to work with SAS PC a lot where I used to work. This was causing security issues with data residing on physical PCs.
Find out what your peers are saying about Alteryx vs. SAS Enterprise Guide and other solutions. Updated: September 2019.
371,062 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rodger Zhang
Senior Risk and Fraud Analyst at a financial services firm
Feb 28 2018

What is most valuable?

SAS EG offers many excellent features, such as parallel execution on the same server, controlling output datasets in the process flow, and conditional processing. Just to name a few.

How has it helped my organization?

SAS EG has evolved significantly, especially in the past 10 years. It has improved tremendously moving from providing an easy menu-driven system to also providing an excellent platform for developing and running full production systems, with minimal coding, which enabled increasing popularity among… more»

What needs improvement?

It would be very useful if EG could be enhanced to automatically file and clear the project log to ensure non-stop running of the project.

I have been using SAS for over 20 years and EG since its inception. I am happy with its power to manipulate data in a flexible, efficient way.
Richard Bemile
Business Intelligence Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 01 2018

What is most valuable?

Scheduling downtime of some programs has been eliminated. The process flows are a very exciting feature to use. Also, for the tasks, this makes it easier to just filter without having to really code.

How has it helped my organization?

SAS EG improved my organization. We do not bother any longer with some programs did not run, hence having to rerun them again.

What needs improvement?

A log belongs to each program. I have experienced a situation where when I run just the exec files, it replaces the whole log and I wanted to see the earlier log, then this was not possible.
Estela Lutero
Economist at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 28 2018

What do you think of SAS Enterprise Guide?

What is our primary use case?

I use it for quality assurance and identification of outliers. EG is great for a quick standardized sort of analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely improved our communication with senior management.

What is most valuable?

The point and click makes it easy to transfer the knowledge to new employees. It is also compatible with other softwares, such as Excel.

What needs improvement?

Sentiment analytics would be a great feature to add into EG, as well as compatibility with machine learning languages, such as Python and R.

More than five years.

It is the solution that we have been using since before I started working at my organization.
KevinPollard
Vice President, Enterprise Data Management, Analytics CoE at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Feb 26 2018

What do you think of SAS Enterprise Guide?

What is our primary use case?

Using with SAS Grid, data manipulation, preparation, and modeling development.

How has it helped my organization?

Enabled us to remove PC SAS, which reduced risk. Takes advantage of our Enterprise SAS Grid.

What is most valuable?

The Copy task feature Portability with SAS Studio User interface and code builder

What needs improvement?

More bi-directional integration with the SAS Studio suite of tools is needed.

More than five years.
Greg Finn
Sr Manager - Reporting, Analytics and Quality Control (Business Transformation) at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 03 2019

What do you think of SAS Enterprise Guide?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data manipulation and statistics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows for simplified working with large datasets.

What is most valuable?

The visual interface makes teaching new analysts how to use the tool easy.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better Charting in this solution.

I have been using this solution for eight years.
Sj K
Portfolio Analytics Manager with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 25 2019

What do you think of SAS Enterprise Guide?

What is our primary use case?

Data preparation Statistics.

How has it helped my organization?

Efficiency.

What is most valuable?

Click and drop function.

What needs improvement?

Licensing.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About SAS Enterprise Guide

371,062 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SAS Enterprise Guide Questions

What is SAS Enterprise Guide?

SAS Enterprise Guide is a point-and-click, menu- and wizard-driven tool that empowers users to analyze data and publish results. It provides fast-track learning for quick data analysis, generates code for productivity and speeds your ability to deploy analyses and forecasts in real time.

SAS Enterprise Guide customers