SAS Fraud Management Review

Monitor multiple channels with a single platform

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to restrict problematic behavior, like the hurdling of transactional behavior of the customers and third-party customers who are not directly connected with the bank. The main purpose is to detect fraud.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, our clients had to pay a lot of money for each and every department. Now they can just pay for a single centralized system with SAS.

It's very user-friendly. One business user can directly monitor all the downloads and whatever's coming in. Also, there is a helpful social network in SAS.

What is most valuable?

Each bank has a lot of different verticals. Before, for each and every vertical, they had to implement a different fraud solution. Presently, the main purpose of SAS is to maintain a centralized platform for all of the verticals — like agriculture, NSME, and home loans. For each and every vertical, they created a centralized platform where the bank can monitor everything from one system. That is the main purpose of SAS Fraud Management.

It is a little bit costly. Otherwise, it's pretty good. Suppose you are going to create a data science model or an analytical model. With Python, you have to write long subcodes, but with SAS, you just have to drag and drop those things. If you know all of the logic and all of the theories, then it's a very comfortable tool to use.

The security is also very good. That's why most of the industry is adopting SAS. Data security is very good because the Reserve Bank of India has approved it. That said, almost all the banks are now implementing SAS as an all-in-one solution.

I have been using this solution for the last three to four years.

There is no doubt that this solution is a very important part of our business — and it's really good for detecting fraud occurring in near real-time — SAS is very low latency.

It's extremely scalable, just a little costly.

We rarely have to consult customer support, but on the occasions that we have, they have been very helpful — we are satisfied.

There is an implementation guide that you can follow for scale, they'll set up all those things. After that, if you need any patches, any hotfixes, then SAS will provide those hotfixes, but you have to apply all of those hotfixes and patches.

You just have to follow the document in detail — it's a very neat and clean explanation. All you need is a little experience with Java, then you can easily implement SAS.

The initial setup was done by us and our team. We implemented some parts but mostly, the implementation was done by SAS.

On our side, we have two SAS guys involved in the deployment. In total, there were six people involved in deploying SAS.

We had to deploy two things. One was the fraud and management center and the other was the enterprise solution that is also from SAS.

For maintenance, just one or two admin employees are enough to maintain this solution completely.

What other advice do I have?

If your company has the budget, I would absolutely recommend SAS — it's really valuable to our business.

I think it's the easiest tool when it comes to writing code. It is very easy and compact.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAS a rating of nine. I learned a lot of techniques and algorithms using SAS.

Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, BAE Systems and others in Fraud Detection and Prevention. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.