SharePoint Designer Review

We can use it as a secondary customization platform but it should be more flexible and upgrading should be simpler

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for SharePoint Designer is for implementation for clients.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is that we can use it as a secondary customization platform. We do customization and make a web SharePoint live for our clients.

What needs improvement?

From what I read online, it depends on what you use the program for. I think the customization and migration need to improve. Upgrading should be simpler without too many things you need to change or repair.

SharePoint Designer should be more practical and become an extension of Visual Studio. Because Visual Studio is a universal development platform. So I don't want to have to switch my user ID every time. So it should be more flexible and more of a mobile app version and integration with other solutions.

I've been using SharePoint Designer for more than six years now on premise.

The program is perfectly stable. I really like Microsoft products because they are very advanced. I like SharePoint because it's big and the pricing is fair.

The scalability of SharePoint is good and the program is fast.

There is zero technical support. I have to use Google to fix the issues myself.

I used a smaller content management platform which I customized. Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer work well together and could be extensions to each other.

I struggle with the installation. We are not a small company and there are three equal sides. You need to get them right, otherwise, SharePoint won't install properly. A single installation takes a couple of hours. You need time to do separate functionality.

The program wasn't easy to deploy either, because when I integrate solutions, I have to do so many things before I can deploy SharePoint. So the process is a little tedious due to the security features of the program, but once you get it, it becomes easier. But its always a challenge for someone who is unfamiliar with this program.

I've never paid for SharePoint Designer. What I paid for is the SharePoint license, the cava, and then the client accesses the line fee.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I rate this a five because it could be more flexible.