Siebel Review

It provides end-to-end customer management, from marketing all the way to support. Project management is lacking.

Valuable Features:

Siebel Analytics and the contact management features. This feature is the BI engine built for easy reporting and dashboards to visualize all phases of the customer´s lifecycle and devise the right strategies. The Asset and Product modules are separated and comply with most requirements out of the box for a typical CRM implementation. Also, the Contacts feature is very powerful even allowing for bulk email sending. Campaign and opportunities were used to calculate TOV and worked marvelously well.

Improvements to My Organization:

It provides end to end customer management, from marketing all the way to support, meaning you also have sales, product management, literature, asset management, opportunity analysis, maintenance SLA compliance, and support, with all the common features present on modern CRMs including phone sync and email merge capabilities. It allows us to generate insights on any point of the customer retention lifecycle and pinpoint where the problems and opportunities are.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to be able to get automated document versioning, and also the project management part it is lacking.

Stability Issues:

The stability and reliance pay off.

Initial Setup:

Deployment is still considered cumbersome and the integrations are quite an expense.

Other Advice:

If you have the environment already setup and have already acquired the licenses then go ahead. But do not hesitate, the other options out there will always be cheaper and easier to implement, but we chose Siebel because we needed certainty that we could handle sales and support for all of the worlds travel agencies, airlines, airports, hotels and cruises.