Siebel Review

It provides a single repository for all customers with no need for individual systems maintaining their own customer databases, though it needs more flexible data cleansing and data-matching handlers.

What is most valuable?

Being a single source of information, this provides an authoritative source of information. One of the most valuable feature is its ability to use the information in a consistent way. A suite of services can be created around this master data, allowing the data to be integrated seamlessly into business processes and analytical environments.

How has it helped my organization?

In our environment, we have used Siebel as the primary source for customer management. There are multiple channels by which customer data can be created or updated including UM, Call Center, Mobile and other legacy systems. By having Siebel in place, there is one single repository for all customers. There is no need for individual systems to maintain their own customer database.

What needs improvement?

More flexible data cleansing and data-matching handlers.

I've used it for over four years.

There were some functional issues caused by using an old version of Informatica Identity Resolution for data quality matching purposes.

As a vendor, Oracle are very good.

No, we have not used any other solution. Since we have Siebel CRM as a call center solution along with SOA suite for integration purposes. We considered this solution as the go to product for data management.

As its Oracle Siebel Products, it’s very complex in comparison with other MDM products, as well as a requirements for data quality, for which we use an Informatica product.

We used a mixed team of third-party contractors and a team from Oracle.

We are in the process of leveraging the cost of implementation by bringing in other systems to integrate with MDM for customer management.

It is a very expensive product and data steward module is very complex.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very powerful product if implemented strategically.