Silk Test Review

We were able to write Object classes for the UI objects.

Valuable Features

Support of the browser, with any client was good. Also, support of DLL features was awesome as we could recognize in-house built UI Objects. Having Basic State and Application State for test case level was good.

Improvements to My Organization

We had in-house UI objects build for our product and using the DLL functionality we were able to write Object class for those objects (Similar to creating Xpath for objects in Selenium). No other tool was available at that time which supported this. Using this DLL functionality we were able to automate our product.

Use of Solution

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I was using this tool in Bangalore and not in US. At that time, we never had good technical support in Bangalore. Not sure what is the current situation.

Implementation Team

It was an in-house one. We had bought license for this product.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated Rational Robot.

Other Advice

Most of the time, when people are evaluating tool, they see how easy it is to record and play back the test case. However, if you really want to know the capability of the tool, we should look at what kind of levers it provides programmatically to help suite our requirements.