Silk Test Review

Offers a single frame of reporting across all the various tests but the setup is stressful

What is our primary use case?

We predominantly use the solution for network performance testing. We are currently deploying a solution to various countries in Africa, so we're predominantly using it for current applications.

What is most valuable?

The feature I like most is the ease of reporting. One gets a single frame of reporting across all the various tests. The program is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is an issue, the program is very expensive. That is something that can improve.

We've been using Microsoft Silk Test for about five years now.

In my opinion the program is very stable.

We currently have 23 users who are all quality control testers, and I believe the program is fairly simple to scale.

We've had our ups and downs using the program but the technical support is okay and I am happy with it.

The initial setup was fairly simple but quite stressful. It's supposed to support the strategy but as soon as you know what you're doing, it becomes easier.

What other advice do I have?

Overall it is a good tool to use. We just need to get somebody in our company that can use it to its fullest extent and uses it in a piecemeal fashion. In the next release, I would like to see easy integration into other tools like Tosca and ALD Suite and to become the master. And I know everybody says they can do it, but I would like to be the master of masters. The ultimate one. I will rate this program seven out of ten simply because I would never give a product a ten.