Skybox Security Suite Review

Network path analysis done by our customers will help them submit better service requests

What is our primary use case?

The use case is firewall rule lifecycle management.

How has it helped my organization?

This is something we are on the way to doing.

What is most valuable?

Network path analysis is the most valuable feature. There is a lot of work in my team to support internal and external customers, to answer their questions and difficulties with connectivity that doesn’t work. Mostly, the problem is missing orders. So if the customer can do the network path analysis for himself, the customer is able to write the request for the missing connectivity, without any support from my team.

Aside from Firewall Assurance, we are using Network Assurance and Change Manager for an overview of the whole network and for documenting requests and the recertification of the ruleset.

What needs improvement?

At the moment we have a lot of work in implementing the tool in our workflow, so we are not looking for new features. But this could change in the next six to 12 months.

We have had some issues implementing the tool, but we are in contact with Professional Services to fix them.

No issues with scalability at the moment.

We are still in project mode, and we have direct contact.

No previous solution.

It was not so straightforward, but we bought onsite support from Skybox Professional Services.

The pricing is high, and the licensing model needs more flexibility.

What other advice do I have?

In my case it was important to know the workflow, and then to look for a tool that could support this workflow to make it easier.