Skybox Security Suite Overview

Skybox Security Suite is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Vulnerability Management tools. It is most often compared to AlgoSec: Skybox Security Suite vs AlgoSec

What is Skybox Security Suite?

The Skybox Security Suite platform combines firewall and network device data with vulnerability and threat intelligence, prioritizing security issues in the context of your unique environment. Powerful attack vector analytics reduce response times and risks, bringing firewall, vulnerability and threat management processes for complex networks under control.

Firewall Assurance brings all firewalls into one normalized view, continuously monitoring policy compliance, optimizing firewall rulesets and finding attack vectors that others miss. Skybox covers the most comprehensive list of firewall vendors, complex rulesets, even virtual and cloud-based firewalls. With proven scalability in 1,500+ firewall deployments, Firewall Assurance keeps rules optimized and ensures changes don’t introduce new risk.

Gain total visibility of the vulnerabilities in your attack surface without waiting for a scan. Leverage Skybox Research Lab's vulnerability and threat intelligence, and automatically correlate it to your unique environment. With network modeling and advanced simulations, pinpoint exposed vulnerabilities and other attack vectors. And use context to prioritize vulnerabilities in terms of actual risk and respond to threats with accuracy and efficiency.

For more information or to view a demo, visit www.skyboxsecurity.com.

Skybox Security Suite Buyer's Guide

Download the Skybox Security Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Skybox Security Suite Customers

ADP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, BT, USAID, Delta Dental, EDF Energy, EMC, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson

Skybox Security Suite Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Skybox Security Suite pricing:
  • "Currently, the licensing costs me about $300 USD for the year. This is a huge amount for my environment."
  • "When compared with other companies, the license is more costly."
  • "The price is not expensive."

AbdulMohsin
Regional Sales Engineer at RedSeal, Inc.
Rich vulnerability management that is controlled from a single pane of glass, but the network modeling capability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. This is one of the vendors that we focus on, from a security standpoint. Skybox has an amazing portfolio that makes up the security solution. You can onboard your network devices with the network assurance module. This includes layer three, layer two switches, load balancers, and so on. This partially builds the network model for the infrastructure and the entire security platform is built off of that.

• "The most valuable feature is firewall management."
  • "The Network Assurance, which helps to create the network model, is not so rich."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this product is to make sure that they utilize it. The usage of it should be mandated for the NOC and SOC. They should use a single dashboard to take care of all of your infrastructure components. When a Skybox representative visits to discuss this solution, it is important to discuss the use cases properly. Have a good project plan and it is also very important to have the right partner. They should be certified, trained, and involved at all stages. Overall, it is a pretty good product. When you use it, you will see the benefit of it. I would rate this…
TZ
Business Consultant. at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good solution with strong features

What is our primary use case?

We use the firewall assurance and the network assurance when we use change manager to check any changes in our firewall. We also use FortiGate's firewall for all our company. For six months, until 2020, we used the vulnerability control module to analyze our infrastructure. For one of my customers, we used firewall assurance, network assurance and change manager - three modules. We optimized the firewall appliance and rules for one of the Ukrainian banks.

• "The features that I have found most valuable with Skybox Security Suite, and this is because I work on the security side, are the firewall assurance, the change manager and the vulnerability control. These three features are the most impressive from Skybox Security."
  • "The initial setup with Skybox Security is hard. You need one or two strong security engineers on your team."

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend using Skybox Security. If you need to check compliance and to understand how your IT teams work, use Skybox Security. If you need understand, like a clear glass of water, how your IT infrastructure works, use Skybox. Tenable or Qualys or Rapid7 vulnerability controls in your infrastructure could be installed for vulnerability scans. But they don't know what kind of attack could be used or what vector of attack could be used. If you use Skybox you will see the impact, all the issues with your infrastructure and your configuration, and you can quickly change the…
Learn what your peers think about Skybox Security Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AB
Chief Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with good dashboards and excellent firewall compliance

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for my firewall. It offers a firewall compliance test and can check and verify firewall configurations and firewall changes on a daily basis. They also send you information on which are activated and which should be deactivated.

• "The solution offers very nice dashboards and they've recently added a very good Java-based web interface."
  • "The support could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. The latest version is 11, however, I am currently one version behind. For small and medium-sized environments, this may not be the best solution, due to the cost involved. However, if you are an enterprise-level company, this might work well for you. Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
AP
Information Security Officer at Sony Corporation of America
Stable, with good port division management but requires more automation features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for model sites, on the configuration side of things. We also used it to review certain port services, etc.

• "The port division management was the solution's most valuable aspect for our organization."
  • "The solution was quite technical. It would be easier to manage if the solution was more specific about aspects of the solution and provided more advisory around how to use it effectively. It would help users a lot if they were more clear about everything."

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise other companies to scan the solution from time to time and be mindful of it. It's also important to make sure the services of the tool are enabled for the actions a company will need to handle or monitor. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
PG
Asst. Manager Finance at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
User-friendly, extracts data easily, scales well, and it's easy to install

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data encryption. We provide and deploy this solution for our customers and show them how to extract the reports. Our customers are really happy. If they run into any issues, we resolve their queries.

• "It's very supportive and very user-friendly."
  • "The price could be cheaper."

What other advice do I have?

We have deployed this solution for our clients and have not received any complaints. I would definitely recommend this solution to others. I would rate Skybox Security Suite a ten out of ten.
MT
Enterprise Architect - Information Security at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple to use and scalable but needs more detailed reporting

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our management and optimization.

• "The solution's simplicity of use is its most valuable feature."
  • "The solution needs to add more automation and orchestration capabilities. Those features would make the solution much stronger."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We're not a partner or reseller of the solution. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I'd recommend those considering the solution to also look at Tufin and AlgoSec. I'd advise anyone considering any of these three options to compare them together and request a detailed proof of concept. In general, I'd recommend the product.
Pawan-Kumar
Product specialist at Rah Infotech Pvt Ltd
Reseller
A stable and feature-rich solution that is easy to use and supports a large number of vendors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is as a firewall and for cybersecurity. We are a solution provider and this is one of the security solutions that we implement for our customers.

• "The most valuable features are Firewall Assurance and Vulnerability Control."
  • "The most recent update was not tested with all of the vendors before it was released, so some of the features are misbehaving."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is pretty good. Our customers have found that Skybox has a lot of good features and I don't expect that any of them will be changing to another product. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
CV
Pre-sales Engineer with 1-10 employees
Provides us with complete visibility of a client's network

What is our primary use case?

In my personal experience, I use a Skybox to do some proof of concept for clients. We show characteristics about how the client can connect their firewalls and network. Within our company, three employees use this solution to run tests.

• "It shows me a client's or an organization's entire network. I can see everything."

What other advice do I have?

Skybox is a great solution; I would absolutely recommend it to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.
    See 2 more Skybox Security Suite Reviews
    Download our free Skybox Security Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.