Skyhigh Review
We use the Box API access with DLP capabilities to see everything that occurs in Box.

What is most valuable?

Box API access with DLP capabilities

Shadow IT

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is moving much of its non-sensitive data to Box and we needed the ability to have full visibility into what was occurring within the Box infrastructure. With the Skyhigh to Box API integration, we can not only see everything that occurs but we can setup many DLP policies to block or monitor what is occurring in Box. You can also run a custom DLP query against your Box infrastructure to look for specific DLP issues that may have been created since the older data was loaded.

What needs improvement?

Reports. The reports are useful but they do not always give the information in the format that I'm looking for and can take a while to run.

Probably my two biggest issues are as follows:

1. Even if you narrow down the scope of the report so that there is not too much data, when a report is generating, sometimes it will get hung; thus you have to delete it and run it again. This does not happen too often but when it does, it can be rather inconvenient. Especially since when I need to manually run a report, there is often a time sensitive reason that cannot wait for a report to generate twice.
  2. SkyHigh has the ability to place users or groups on a ‘Watchlist’; which allows you to see certain views with these Watchlists users/groups in them. This is great when you are looking at live data but if I wanted to generate a report on ONLY the watchlists (or specific sub-watchlists), it is not possible. One of our main Watchlists is everyone on the IT Team. Since IT users tend to have more access and control over the environment (myself included) we like being able to single out these users when looking at data. My CIO especially, would love to have a report over specific services, bandwidth, etc… that the IT team is doing every week or month; so that he knows that we are not doing anything malicious. This feature should be provided soon but it is still not in Production.

2.5 years

No. We currently use Blue Coat Cloud Proxy and are able to download the Blue Coat logs to the Skyhigh Log Aggregator, and they are immediately sent to Skyhigh. Even if there is an issue where Skyhigh is not receiving the logs, you will receive an email or phone call from their support letting you know they have not received any logs in X amount of time.

Originally, the interface would take longer than expected to load some of the more graphically intense metrics. However, Skyhigh has been improving their product and releasing upgrades on a consistent basis. Now the stability and speed are greatly improved. Looking forward to their next major release.

No. Since I am able to use my Blue Coat Logs (which encompasses every system on and off my network) I just have one location that I download my Blue Coat logs and then upload them to Skyhigh.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give them a 9. I have not had any issues and their support has been extremely helpful. There was one time where there seemed to be a decent amount of time between correspondences but it may have been the complexity of the issue. Otherwise, there have been no issues.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give them a 9. They have been able to fix just about any of my issues but there have been times where they would need to bring in higher level support or other support to assist.

Straightforward. During the Proof of Concept, their guides and directions were very easy to follow and I was able to setup everything without much assistance.

Our implementation was in-house. Since the deployment of this CASB was rather simple, there was no need to bring in a third-party vendor. If you are trying to have a 'real-time' blocking scheme where SkyHigh pushes blocking scripts to Bluecoat Proxy SG or Palo Alto, then a third-party implementation team may be necessary. However, even setting up these integrations are not too difficult and a third-party integrations team may not be necessary.

With Pricing, the biggest thing to watch for is the difference in price per monitored user for the different API integrations. We currently only use the Box API but we thought about using the Salesforce one but it was drastically more expensive per user. We are starting to look at the 365 monitoring since we may migrate their soon but I have not looked at the pricing for it yet.

Yes, Netskope.

What other advice do I have?

1 visitor found this review helpful