SoapUI Pro Review

I like the features for SOAP, REST and JDBC.

What is most valuable?

I like the features for SOAP, REST and JDBC. I also like the easy way to do assertions.

How has it helped my organization?

The tests are running fast and often which means that we get feedback about the tests very quick and then are able to evaluate the test results.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if you could organize the tests in more levels. Would like to add my own error message when using the Message Content Assertion (this is for the PRO version). This could be useful when running the tests from Jenkins.

I have been using various versions since 2007.

Sometimes you have to reload the project when you are moving/reorganizing tests in a project.

Quick response from the support and forum.

We chose this product because it is easy to use and have many functions that supports ours needs for example SOAP, REST and JDBC requests.

Very easy to setup and use.

I have been using it as a consultant and in-house. It's easy to do if you follow the on-line instructions

The tool supports the way we want to automate or tests. That means all from creating tests and data to assertions and finally cleaning the data. The test are also running in a CI Jenkins environment. The pricing is okey for PRO version but the price is getting higher all the time. There are also a free version.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a very easy tool to use for automated tests to run in a CI environment. You don’t have to be a “hardcore” programmer to use the tool but to get the best from it you should have some interest in programming/scripting.

More SoapUI Pro reviews from users