SoapUI Pro Review

Helped us by integrating the tests in the nightly build format. There were some issues in regards to the correct saving of projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Test validation on API responses.
  • Mock services to test parts of the application.

Mock services are valuable as we can start testing the interaction of an application with another application without having the other application fully available. It might be the second application is not live yet. We substitute the second application with a mock service (a type of a stub).

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us by integrating the tests in the nightly build format. Thus, the tests are performed automatically in each new software version.

What needs improvement?

The licenses could be more flexible with regards to floating licenses.

In the case that a user changes a workstation, then the license locked to a certain workstation cannot be easily changed to another workstation. It would be more flexible if a license could be linked with the user personally.

Compared to i.e., Telerik Test Studio, you have a license that is connected with your email and password. So if a user changes machine he can release the license on the old machine, go to the new machine, and hook in the license there with his email and password, and he is up and running again.

With SmartBear, you have to contact the company to tell them that you have changed machine, etc.

I have used this solution for five years.

There were no big stability issues, there were some issues in regards to the correct saving of projects. You should save often!

There were no scalability issues experienced.

I would give the technical support a seven out of 10 rating.

The setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This product is quite useful for us. It could be even more useful if we had explored other functionalities (security, load tests) as well.

1 Comment
Mark-SmithReal UserTOP 20

Pretty much sums up ReadyAPI, my only criticism is that the price of the concurrent license compared to the seat license is unrealistic.

Mark Smith.