SolarWinds MSP Mail Assure Review

This is a dud product with inferior spam filtering

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for small business clients using Exchange 2016/2019, IMAP, and Office 365 for their email needs. The primary benefit/goal is to curve phishing emails that bundled spam filtering products seem unable to catch.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a dud product with inferior spam filtering versus alternatives like SpamHero, and the continuity feature is essentially marketing fluff. Failed deliveries, for example, they don't count it as an issue so those messages won't be queued for another delivery attempt. As I understand it from talking to their support, if the server pings or sends any response at all, then Mail Assure will not keep a copy. It will also weirdly mark messages during that outage as rejected, so it's not like Mail Assure doesn't know that the message never reached the user(s).

What is most valuable?

The only benefit from Mail Assure is its white label feature and its per-user licensing plus the ability to package archiving and spam protection into a single interface. For small business customers with more than five users, there are better services.

What needs improvement?

The marketing and sales people seem to be very liberal with the capabilities of the product, and most sales content on the SolarWinds site seem to be geared toward SEO. If you read it carefully, you'll see it's actually mostly meaningless fluff with lots of keyword stuffing.

Less than one year.