SonicWall SMA Review

Integrates well, feature rich, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

Since the pandemic began, we have started using SonicWall to allow users to work from home.

What is most valuable?

We have found the most valuable features to be:

• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) is easy to configure and the deployment is straightforward. However, this is mostly because of the AWS setup

• Easy to use

• Simple to manage

• Integrated with NSa

What needs improvement?

The solution has 2FA, it will generate a token and send it to an email, but multifactor authentication is not available. I would suggest that there should be MFA integration and provided with the appliance.

I have to manage the SMA separately, there should be centralized management and reporting features.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable and very reliable.

Since the solution is on the cloud the scalability should not be an issue.

We have approximately 200 people using this solution in my organization. We do not have more than 180 users connected at one time.

The technical support was responsive.

The initial setup was easy.

We had a team from SonicWall help us with the implementation of the solution.

This solution is priced well and we currently have the maximum number of licenses allowed.

We did evaluate other solutions before we chose this one.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this solution is reliable, feature-rich, and reasonable-priced. If they want to have an SSL VPN solution, then SonicWall SMA is probably a good choice. It is has a two-factor authentication already in-built, and it will help you connect your mobile users without any issues. It has the capability of connecting all your devices, such as laptops, Linux systems, and MacBooks.

I rate SonicWall SMA an eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

SMA 500V
More SonicWall SMA reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiClient
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall SMA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.