Stormshield Network Security Review

Handles monitoring, collection, analysis, and reporting of data in our HQ and branches

What is our primary use case?

We are using the SN200 series in our branches, and the SN700 in our HQ.

This solution is used for our daily network monitoring and makes our data highly available.

Our deployment is an on-premises solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization's main concern is stability, and this is a stable solution. It's more stable than the other firewall that was deployed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the Stormshield Analyzer, which allows us to collect and analyze data, then generate reports.

What needs improvement?

This solution has a big problem with web filtering and it needs to be improved.

There is a shortage of instructional videos and information on how to configure Stormshield. More YouTube How-To videos should be created.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

This is a very stable solution. It is more stable than the other firewall that we deployed.

This solution handles network monitoring every day. The configuration and auditing functionality, on the other hand, is not used on a daily basis.

This solution is scalable from small offices to Enterprise solutions.

We have between eight hundred and one thousand end-users, with three administrators.

We contact a local company in Sudan for technical support, and they are very good. We do not have a contract directly with Stormshield.

Before using this solution, we used one by McAfee. We switched because we have an issue with sanctions for American products.

I began with this solution when it was Arkoon Netasq, which later became Stormshield.

In addition to this solution, I have experience with Sophos. In our HQ, we have two levels of security. Our Content Filtering is handled by another company.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward for setting up routing and the VPN. However, the WiFi setup is much more complex to configure. The deployment took approximately one day. To add a new branch it takes me approximately two hours.

Three people are enough to deploy and maintain this solution.

My team, which is myself and two others, handled the deployment of this solution.

The SN200 series costs between $500 USD and $600 USD per year, whereas the SN700 series costs approximately $1,000 annually. Support for this solution is an additional charge.

We evaluated two other solutions, one of which is Barracuda, before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

If more videos on YouTube, as well as other media, were created then this product would be used more widely.

For anybody who is implementing this solution, my advice is that if you have a complex network of more than five hundred, then you should have the Management Control Center and the Livebox software for reporting.

The stability of this product is why we are making it our main solution. My only headache is web filtering functionality.