Stormshield Network Security Overview

Stormshield Network Security is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Unified Threat Management (UTM) tools. It is most often compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Stormshield Network Security vs Fortinet FortiGate

What is Stormshield Network Security?
NETASQ's integrated intrusion prevention engine uses protocol conformity analysis, application filtering and antivirus analysis to inspect authorized traffic flows and strengthen application security. NETASQ enables you to establish and configure user-based security policies, giving you greater control over which network resources each user is authorized to access.

Stormshield Network Security is also known as NETASQ Firewalls.

Stormshield Network Security Buyer's Guide

Download the Stormshield Network Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Stormshield Network Security Customers
ACESUR group, Ministry of Education Oman, Anios Laboratories, Zain, DLM Location
Stormshield Network Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Stormshield Network Security pricing:
  • "The SN200 series costs between $500 USD and $600 USD per year, whereas the SN700 series costs approximately $1,000 annually."
  • "The pricing could be better."
  • "The price of this solution and the price of support are ok."

YM
Network Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Provides full network control, good performance, protects against vulnerabilities and other threats

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for network security, to deploy controlled users, and to prevent the network from attacks. The deployment model we are using is on-premises.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to buy an extended license for this solution. They will benefit from Kasperky Antivirus, the extended control option, and the vulnerability manager. It's a great tool for IT. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
BD
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Robust, provides a high level of security at a reasonable cost

What is our primary use case?

We are a value-added distributor of Stormshield and I'm the owner of the company.

• "A very robust product."
  • "Improvement is needed in terms of the technical support of the manufacturer."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise being very patient when it comes to getting pricing from the company. We used to have a direct contact with Stormshield when it was Netasq. After a few years they tried to appoint a so-called master distributor. Apparently that is not working and the sale channels are scrambled and pretty difficult. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Stormshield Network Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
YA
Network and Security Engineer at onb
Handles monitoring, collection, analysis, and reporting of data in our HQ and branches

What is our primary use case?

We are using the SN200 series in our branches, and the SN700 in our HQ. This solution is used for our daily network monitoring and makes our data highly available. Our deployment is an on-premises solution.

• "Our organization's main concern is stability, and this is a stable solution."
  • "This solution has a big problem with web filtering and it needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

If more videos on YouTube, as well as other media, were created then this product would be used more widely. For anybody who is implementing this solution, my advice is that if you have a complex network of more than five hundred, then you should have the Management Control Center and the Livebox software for reporting. The stability of this product is why we are making it our main solution. My only headache is web filtering functionality. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
AdnanAlgazaly
IT Manager at BADEA
Offers great backup inspection, filtering and load balancing.

What is our primary use case?

Our company can't survive without having a proper firewall, so our primary use case of this solution is to gather a network spy meter of our organization.

• "The scalability of the solution is good."
  • "Not all the fields are activated yet and we were informed that it will take at least one month."

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this solution to others. It is a good firewall and it has a good reputation. We do not have many choices but for the time-being this is one of the most successful deployed firewalls in Sudan. My rating for this solution is eight out of ten.
DM
CEO & Founder at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
A good protective shield that is easily manageable in a variety of environments

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT service provider not end users. We are the only service provider of this solution in Central Africa. I'm the CEO and a founding partner of the company.

• "Easily manageable in a variety of environments."
  • "The SD card could be more secure."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
AS
Technical Director
Enables us to block and prevent attacks but the interface could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to protect the company's IT infrastructure.

• "The solution has improved my organization because I can see what traffic is happening and I can use it to block and prevent attacks."
  • "A more user-friendly interface would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

The product is continuously being used every day. I use quite an old interface for this, and I don't know what the current version is like. I would rate this solution a 7 out of 10 because from time to time there are some little issues that I don't understand.
KK
Technical Director Europe at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Protects our company's IT infrastructure to easily block any programs from attacks but the interface could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Stormshield Network Security is to protect the company IT infrastructure. We don't use an antivirus solution from them. We just use the firewall.

• "I can see what traffic is going on. I can easily block any programs from attacks."
  • "Stormshield Network Security is quite expensive."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product a seven because from time to time there are some little issues. You don't know what is going on.
JB
Network and Server Engineer at AMiFN
Good performance and an easy-to-use GUI, but it needs a sandbox and the technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the security of our local network.

• "This solution is quick and easy to configure."
  • "This is not a next-generation firewall."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that is stable and not expensive, but it is not a next-generation firewall. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.