Stormshield Network Security Review

Offers great backup inspection, filtering and load balancing.

What is our primary use case?

Our company can't survive without having a proper firewall, so our primary use case of this solution is to gather a network spy meter of our organization.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is the backup inspection, the filtering, and the load balancing. I am also impressed by the antivirus feature that gives us two controls over the viruses - one is from the parameter and one on the endpoint.

What needs improvement?

Since I have only been using this solution for a month, I haven't noticed anything yet that needs to improve. So far I can only say that the pricing could be better. But it is a trusted company belonging to Airbus, so it has a good reputation.

One thing, though, is that not all the fields are activated yet and we were informed that it will take at least one month. That's the only issue we have faced until now. So this issue should be fixed in the nearest future, because one cannot just buy a hundred appliances if you have to wait to activate all the features while you paid the full amount. So I don't know why that is the case, but the technical team said that it's the norm.

I started using this solution about a month ago on premises.

The solution has been very stable so far. I am not sure how stable it would be if we got online training material for it or if there is an official curriculum for it. But my first impression of the Stormshield firewall is very good.

The scalability of the solution is good.

We've gone through a few formalities to get our license. Until now we have been on a training license for three months. Not all the fields are activated yet and they said it will take about a month.

We used Gateprotect and FortiGate Fortinet but we switched to Stormshield when we decided to upgrade.

The initial setup was straightforward. There is a team in Sudan an a local team from Stormshield, so they have a very good set of engineers and they took care of all the requirements. Within an hour we had everything configured and up and running.

We looked at other options too, but we found that Stormshield was booming so we got it instead. We decided to get Stormshield instead of upgrading the solution we were using at the time.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this solution to others. It is a good firewall and it has a good reputation. We do not have many choices but for the time-being this is one of the most successful deployed firewalls in Sudan. My rating for this solution is eight out of ten.