StorPool Review

Review about StorPool

What is most valuable?

CloudSigma has 10 locations around the world and a number of new locations in the pipeline, which makes it more complex. We were looking for flexibility in the deployment model allowing us to tailor the storage solution to the specific requirements of every location. This should be the biggest advantage.

How has it helped my organization?

Using StorPool we had about 15% increase in our gross margin and that is huge for a service provider. At the same time we increased the performance significantly. That’s really a major change.

What needs improvement?

We have increased our gross margin, we’ve increased the performance, we’ve reduced the customer churn!

2 years

No, we noticed an improvement from the first deployment and it went fast and easy.

The system has been running stable, performing very well, we haven’t hit really major issues and the product road map is coming in with different thing that’s going to have commercial benefit like compression, back-ups, and other features that would be really useful to us on the line.

StorPool is deployed in all six operating CloudSigma locations and is being rolled-out in more locations under development worldwide. We are more than convinced that the solution is fully scalable.

Exceptional.

Extremely good!

CloudSigma used to run three storage solutions in parallel: an internally developed solution, based on ZFS, an all-flash array and several scale-out magnetic deployments with a commercial vendor.

It was easy and fast.

In-house.

According to our calculation we increased the gross margin with approx. 15%, so it is good.

Not the cheapest solution on the market, but it worth's the investment.

Yes, but we had bad experience with other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

We increased our gross margin, we’ve increased performance, we’ve reduced customer churn. We are very happy and finally we can say – the liaison we have had with StorPool has been excellent. We’ve been very happy with the reactions of the operational team both in terms of managing the solution and expanding it but also in terms of dealing with issues and working together. We found StorPool to be a great partner in terms of our service deliver.