StorSimple Review

You can recover disk images from 5 minutes ago in a second but I would also like link aggregation vs MPIO.

Valuable Features

• This product is easy to use and does all the work in the background for cloud replication and migration.
  • Cut costs by 80% on average compared to other co-located storage solutions.
  • Connectivity and ability to snapshot in the cloud.
  • Recover disk images from 5 minutes ago in a second and only recover the live data that is immediately needed.

Improvements to My Organization

We had multiple backup scenarios and Business continuity plans. With StorSimple we can replace a lot of manual process with the automation and cloud functions built in.

Room for Improvement

I would like more options besides iSCSI. I would also like link aggregation vs MPIO.

Use of Solution

3 Years. Provided support to other teams deploying them and maintained our deployment.

Only false alerts that needed to be read other than that after a long back and forth with support all was well. Nothing actually failed.

No, not in the entire time we have used the product.

No we could scale out by using head units and multiple controller configurations, it was never needed. As we grew Azure took on the responsibility to host more storage.

I had one issue and although it took a while to get pointed in the right direction the support people listened.

Good. The technician was knowledgeable.

Previously used Synology and Dell. There was no true cloud integration.

It was extremely straightforward. I can't think of anything complex about the setup.

Implementation Team

We did in house it was not terribly complicated.

ROI

So far in manual processes we save about 15% of our overall IT budget now.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The only cost is in the purchase of Azure storage the device was free. There is no day-to-day cost a quarterly maintenance cost for patching is about it.

Other Solutions Considered

No we wanted Azure it was about finding the right solution with Azure.

Other Advice

Keep it simple and use MPIO. You need network redundancy.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a Gold Managed Partner with Microsoft and help other companies looking to use the product, we also use it ourselves for hosting our customers with MSP Services.
1 visitor found this review helpful