TeamCity Review

Very useful for setting up build agents in a Unix platform.

Valuable Features

• Continuous integration
  • Build templates
  • Triggers
  • Plugins
  • Platform independence

Improvements to My Organization

We used do all of our product development builds using .net and Java languages. It is very useful to setup build agents in a Unix platform for all kinds of Unix builds.

Room for Improvement

Deployment functions need work.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

We had an issue when we customized TeamCity for deployment functions in a Windows environment using PowerShell scripting.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Good. I would give them a 9/10.

Good. I would give them a 9/10.

No previous solution was used.

Simple and easy to integrate with Subversion source code tool.

Implementation Team

We used an in-house team whose expertise was 9/10.

Other Advice

It was simple and easy to use. Great features which are always customizable.

1 Comment
Software Configuration Management ad Release Management at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

The tool has very great features for CI and CD. We can setup TeamCity for builidng applications in windows and unix environments and also can setup for deployments.

TeamCity was very easy to integrate with other build tools like Ant,Nant, Msbuild and Maven and Powershell and shell to implement the automated build and deployment process.

TeamCity Publish Artifacts feature is one of the best of its available features. Using this feature, any one can deploy the code or build directly from Teamcity to any environment(dev/testing/preprod and prod).

TeamCity was a great tool and it has no limits in customization with respective to CI and CD of any organizational SCM/Release Management process.

04 July 15