TeamCity Review

It delegates the building of executable code to a machine, and it stays running and performs build regularly.

What is most valuable?

I spend less time scripting to get a build working and more time configuring TeamCity through its web-based front end.

How has it helped my organization?

It delegates the building of executable code to a machine.

What needs improvement?

More build runners and more options are needed, although I have no worries they keep improving.

This is the second job I have used it at. I have used other CI systems in the past, but I have been using TeamCity around two years.

Actually, I ran into a problem and I needed to do a fresh install. TeamCity stores its configuration data separate from where it installs. so this makes upgrades smoother, but makes it harder to start with a fresh slate. The problem was the data directory of the service account was rerouted because it was a 64 bit OS to SysWOW64.

No, it stays running and performs build regularly.

For our usage, it has scaled well to our needs.

10/10 - their service is very professional and prompt.

10/10 - their service is very professional and prompt, and their staff really wants to solve your problems.

I had used CruiseControl.NET in the past. It was useful once running, but painful to initially setup, and we used word of mouth and articles showing comparisons with other frameworks.

Just installing it with one agent is a breeze. The starting free license comes with three build agents, which, if you install them all as services, takes a little modifying of config files and running of batch files.

I implemented it.

Yet to be calculated. I am trying to automate the release of deliverables to free someone's time up.

Start with the free license it has decent room for one group.

What other advice do I have?

Start small. Start with just doing builds before executing tests.

More TeamCity reviews from users