Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Review

We heavily use it to validate the design assumption

What is our primary use case?

We are using anything that's 10 gigahertz plus for signal integrity.

How has it helped my organization?

We heavily use it to validate the design assumption. In many cases, it was able to point out things that were not available to us in simulation.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to set up
  • Easy to capture
  • High fidelity of the data.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to be current with the latest standards. So, as soon as a new standard comes in, ensure that it gets rolled into the existing software.

More than five years.

For the part, we are using the full bandwidth of the product.

My team is constantly contacting our SME or sales to talk about concerns or specific know-how about how to go about doing something. Or, how to go about fixing something that's a behavior which is just difficult. Even just to say, Is this real? Does this need calibration? Is there something wrong? How would you be able to do X, Y, or Z?"

Typically, we don't switch as often in terms of brands because we do have a lot of software that we build up on a specific platform. What happens is the speed of the standards that we have increases, then the hardware starts to run out of speed and we have to go upgrade to the next faster hardware.

I would like them to include a lot of the add-on options as part of the package. Typically, we start in at a price, and by the time we add up all the options that we need which are available, we are at double or triple the original price. While the base pricing is okay, but when you add up all the options, it gets pricey.

We evaluate all the vendors every time because the capital equipment expenditure is expensive. So every two or three years, when we upgrade hardware, we go back and evaluate all the vendors, then decide what is the best solution.

It is about who has a meaningful price, the right level of features that we need, and can provide the support that we need.

We always get equipment in for an evaluation. Usually a month is sufficient for us to run all our evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't gone wrong by sticking to the major brands.

The user interface is pretty straightforward.

The application space that the solution targets is mostly high-speed serial.

We are using this product with connection devices. We use this product mostly for silicon validation, making sure that the silicon that we have is behaving how we expect it and meets our standard or exceeds it. So, it's about the hardware being able to conform to specification.

We are mostly measuring interface and high-speed signals.

It's functional. It works. It meets our requirements. However, like most capital equipment, it is good enough for three to five years, then you just have to go on to the next thing.