Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Overview

Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Oscilloscope vendors. It is most often compared to Tektronix Oscilloscopes: Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes vs Tektronix Oscilloscopes

What is Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes?

Teledyne LeCroy's oscilloscopes offer a powerful combination of large and informative displays combined with advanced waveshape analysis capabilities - typically tailored to enhance the productivity of engineers in specific applications areas such as serial data test, disk drive test and automotive bus analysis.

Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes is also known as WaveSurfer Series, HDO Series.

Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Buyer's Guide

Download the Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes pricing:
  • "I would like them to include a lot of the add-on options as part of the package. Typically, we start in at a price, and by the time we add up all the options that we need which are available, we are at double or triple the original price."
  • "The bandwidth is pretty expensive on these instruments, so we typically use it all."
  • "They're fairly competitive for pricing across the industry."

Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Reviews

DrProducbac2
Director of Marketing & Product Planning at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 13, 2019
We heavily use it to validate the design assumption

What is our primary use case?

We are using anything that's 10 gigahertz plus for signal integrity.

• "We heavily use it to validate the design assumption. In many cases, it was able to point out things that were not available to us in simulation."
  • "I would like them to be current with the latest standards. So, as soon as a new standard comes in, ensure that it gets rolled into the existing software."

What other advice do I have?

We haven't gone wrong by sticking to the major brands. The user interface is pretty straightforward. The application space that the solution targets is mostly high-speed serial. We are using this product with connection devices. We use this product mostly for silicon validation, making sure that the silicon that we have is behaving how we expect it and meets our standard or exceeds it. So, it's about the hardware being able to conform to specification. We are mostly measuring interface and high-speed signals. It's functional. It works. It meets our requirements. However, like most capital…
Packagine420
Packaging R&D Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 25, 2019
We are able to capture the transient domain accurately. I would like them to add more post processing capabilities.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for testing IT files. We are testing files for memory read or write (or other scenarios), but mostly it is on the platform, test package, of both. The bandwidth is up to 10 gigabytes per second for the oscilloscope because we are testing high speed signals. I'm not a frequent user. Sometimes we use the oscilloscope for measurement. It depends on product and what testing that we are trying to do. I have used oscilloscopes since I was a Bachelor's student, where we used different types of oscilloscopes.

• "We are able to capture the transient domain accurately. There are some technical features where you can do FFT."
  • "Since we do a lot of post processing when we download our waveforms to our computers, we need more post processing capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

It meet our basic needs. Since we do a lot of post processing when we download our waveforms to our computers, we need more post processing capabilities. If you have used oscilloscopes before, no matter the brand, it's probably easy to learn. The panel may be different, but it's easy to ramp up on the new model. This user interface is good. Most of the oscilloscopes that I have used have good user interfaces. The application space that we are using the solution to target is mostly high-speed signaling or memory interface. I would encourage people to use it and get some experience to see how…
Find out what your peers are saying about Teledyne LeCroy, Tektronix, Keysight Technologies and others in Oscilloscopes. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Engineer0db3
Staff Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 24, 2019
It has a lot of scope trigger options for capturing waveforms

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is a lot of test and measurement debugging. We have a number of the LeCroy real-time scopes. We often use the 4 gigabyte real-time 12-bit scope. The application space that this solution targets is high-speed. Our product is 56G, but debug would be lower speed, PCIe channels, USB, and I2C.

• "It has a nice high-resolution screen. It is easy to set up the scope triggers, has a lot of scope trigger options for capturing waveforms, and seamlessly goes into the spectrum analysis mode."
  • "They could always work on the software stability of the products, particularly now that everything has switched over to a Windows-based interface. It creates a lot of crashes and bugs, which typically is a problem among all instruments."

What other advice do I have?

I would totally recommend this product. It's a pretty advanced product. Therefore, the learning curve does require some learning, but once you've mastered it, it's worth it. They're pretty good at keeping up with all the latest advances. As our budget permits, we'd obviously like to upgrade to higher speeds and real-time scopes.
Engineerc98d
Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Feb 27, 2019
It has helped me to improve my design on PCIe PETracers, but I need more technical details on what each packet represents

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for debugging PCIe PETracers. We are using it to measure PCI Express signals. We are using it to support connect devices in enterprise products.

• "Checking how many errors were on the channel by using the protocol analyzer has helped me to improve my design on PCIe PETracers."
  • "I would like more technical details on what each packet represents and more information on the flow."

What other advice do I have?

Teledyne is pretty good because they cover all the technical webinars. Also, they give a lot of seminars. The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial. For PCIe 3.0, we are looking at the PCIe add-on card with the analyzer in-between.
Productddf5
Product Architect at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
Feb 20, 2019
By pre-qualifying test devices, we're able to make changes before committing to silicon

What is our primary use case?

PCI express certification and testing are our primary use cases.

• "The most valuable feature is the embedded protocol analysis."
  • "The interconnect methods to the device are a little limited right now. I'd like to see other ways of being able to connect to the device."

What other advice do I have?

There are external modules that go with the product, which you connect to, to help get your testing worked out.
Product Categories
Oscilloscopes
Download our free Oscilloscopes Report and find out what your peers are saying about Teledyne LeCroy, Tektronix, Keysight Technologies, and more!