Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Review

It has a lot of scope trigger options for capturing waveforms

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is a lot of test and measurement debugging.

We have a number of the LeCroy real-time scopes. We often use the 4 gigabyte real-time 12-bit scope.

The application space that this solution targets is high-speed. Our product is 56G, but debug would be lower speed, PCIe channels, USB, and I2C.

What is most valuable?

It's a fairly multi-purpose instrument. It has a nice high-resolution screen. It is easy to set up the scope triggers, has a lot of scope trigger options for capturing waveforms, and seamlessly goes into the spectrum analysis mode. It has a number of features which are fairly useful.

The user interface has the HD screen, which is nice. It has a well laid out front panel design and nicely, integrated 4-channel inputs, which are easy to use for a switch between coaxial and probes.

More than five years.

They could always work on the software stability of the products, particularly now that everything has switched over to a Windows-based interface. It creates a lot of crashes and bugs, which typically is a problem among all instruments. This is an area that could be improved.

The bandwidth is pretty expensive on these instruments, so we typically use it all.

The technical support is very good. They get back to you in a half a day to inside of a day. There have been no issues with the tech support.

We have used a lot of Keysight's instruments. These are our two main vendors currently.

We did get a demo and have stuck with the LeCroy ecosystem at this point for our real-time scopes.

They're fairly competitive for pricing across the industry.

What other advice do I have?

I would totally recommend this product.

It's a pretty advanced product. Therefore, the learning curve does require some learning, but once you've mastered it, it's worth it.

They're pretty good at keeping up with all the latest advances.

As our budget permits, we'd obviously like to upgrade to higher speeds and real-time scopes.