Tenable Nessus Review

Quickly scans and detects new vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use Tenable Nessus to provide service to our bank.

I use it to provide our main service related to our big management.

Other than providing information security to our clients, it is our information security provider, service provider — we manage it. Using Nessus, we are able to scan and locate any potential vulnerabilities that our clients may have and point them out to them.

I am not sure how many users we have using this solution, but we have more than 100,000 assets distributed between roughly 40 clients.

What is most valuable?

Tenable Nessus is cheap and flexible.

What needs improvement?

Currently, they don't have all of the features that I am looking for. I am looking for a technology that installs agents into the machines to perform complicated scanning. That's a good feature that I'm looking for.

Our issues are not all due to Tenable Nessus; we have more than one console that we administrate.

I have been using this solution for 10 to 15 years.

I use this solution on a regular basis at my current company. I used it at my previous company as well.

This solution is quite stable.

The professional version is not very scalable. It's not really scalable considering the number of assets and clients that I have.

Many of our clients would like to switch to a better solution.

The technical support is great. We have called them a few times and they have always helped us.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. Within a week we had set up all of the infrastructure and were ready to deploy.

More Tenable Nessus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Tenable Nessus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.