Tenable Nessus Review

Good reports that are easy to understand, straightforward to set up, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We use Tenable Nessus when we are preparing our audit where we need to do an initial scan of our customers' platform to see if they have any critical issues.

What is most valuable?

The reports are pretty nice and easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

The price could be reduced.

I have been using Tenable Nessus for approximately 20 years, since the time that it was first released.

This solution is stable. We do not have any issues with the stability of this solution.

It's a scalable product. We have approximately 300 companies.

I have yet to contact technical support. The users within my team are technical people, and if they have an issue, they can resolve it themselves using the knowledge base.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is very easy.

It takes less than 10 minutes to install.

I am the consultant.

We have a team of two to three to deploy and maintain this solution.

We have a subscription, the licensing fees are paid yearly, and I am using the latest version.

The pricing is fine, but it could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

So far, I am quite pleased with this product and don't have any complaints. I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Tenable Nessus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Tenable Nessus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.