Teradata Analytics Review

Streamlines formulating solutions based on SQL-like queries

What is our primary use case?

I used the the association analysis to show related transactions which had similar contexts. The machine was a Gentoo Linux, 16GB RAM.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed for the rapid development of a solution delivered to the client, showing, for the specific use-case he had, monitoring defects. It also showed which types of parts were used more often when repairing certain machines having similar incidents.

What is most valuable?

Aster AppCenter was used due to ease of formulating the solution based on SQL-like queries.

What needs improvement?

I have found some problems with the figures depicted on graphs and figures shown, like scores which could not be negative but which were depicted as such.

There are also development issues. Development not using the provided wizard is somewhat hard. It uses the gephi engine, which offers great value to the Aster Analytics AppCenter – generates meaningful visualizations in a short time.

The product is stable as far as I know.

I did not have the chance to test scalability.

Four stars on a scale from one to five.

I used many solutions, this seemed appropriate at the moment.

The setup was quite straightforward, I used the virtual machines as provided. As for the production environment, it was set up according to the installation manual and worked right out of the box – no issues.

R, Knime, Talend, MS SQL, and many more.

What other advice do I have?

Stick to the user guide, it is very comprehensive, and check the blogs on the Teradata web site.