UFT (QTP) Review

It's easy to use so the QA team is not required to have much programming skills.

Valuable Features

• Object repository
  • Supported keywords
  • API testing

Improvements to My Organization

UFT is easy to use so the QA team is not required to have much programming skills. VBScript language is also an advantage that it has.

Room for Improvement

I think that UFT should support more robust keywords to work with a low number of applications under test.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years.

It often crashes.

6/10 - I posted questions on the HP forum and mostly received no feedback. I also saw that people post questions and help each other.

I used Mercury QuickTest Pro 8.2 for three years. I still use IBM Rational Robot, TestComplete, and some frameworks based on Selenium WebDriver.

Everything is readable and easy to understand.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

Other Advice

Open-source automated testing engines are also good.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Learn More About UFT

Fill out the form to view the report

3 Comments
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Nhien, you mentioned that besides UFT that you use several other automation test tools. How do you decide on which specific tool you are going to use when developing an automated test for a specific application or project? For example, what factors would determine whether to use Selenium over UFT or vice vera?

20 January 16
Senior Automation QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employeesReal UserTOP 10

Hi Don Ingeron,
I used to develop hybrid automated testing framework using Selenium 2 (Webdriver). I did not mention that UFT is bad. However, for companies those have good resource, I think they should build them own testing framework for scale-ability and flexibility.
From my heart, UFT supports so good on object repository, and other testing type such as API testing, UI testing... But for those aspects, I do believe our developers are able to cover.
That is just my humble opinion. It's not right or wrong. :)
regards,
Jason Nhien Truong

Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Jason (Nhien), thank you for your informative response.
Regards,