UFT (QTP) Review

It gets along well with LoadRunner and ALM, and blends together with the ALM suite. It's rather slow in execution, running modular strips slower than other tools.

Valuable Features

UFT is easy to use for functional testing, so for me it’s very important that it can travel across a large range of technologies. We can use the same tool for all the different kinds of automation that we do.

Improvements to My Organization

We’re already using LoadRunner and ALM. UFT gets along well with these other solutions, blending together with the ALM suite.

Room for Improvement

UFT is rather slow in execution, and that’s something that needs to improve. It runs strips rather slowly as other tools handle the same modular strips much faster.

It's not always very stable, but that depends on how you implement it in your organization. We put it on a separate server host in Singapore managed by our guys in Bangalore, so they make sure that they’re always available first.

Scalability is not that important for UFT since it’s not used by so many people at the same time. For us, there's only a few guys performing performance tests so scalability is not a big issue.

Technical support is quite good, though sometimes it depends on who you’re dealing with. Sometimes you get bad luck and get a guy who doesn't know much about it, is new, or is in training, but most of the time it’s all right.

It was rather easy and you really can do it yourself.

Other Advice

Ask a good HP expert how you need to do it and they'll tell you how to do it.

Learn More About UFT

Fill out the form to view the report