UFT (QTP) Review

It allows us to use one set of tests for all systems.

Valuable Features

We have multiple SAP systems and clients. UFT allows us to use one set of tests for all systems.

Improvements to My Organization

We are a worldwide organization with a complex financial authorization matrix. When changes were made to this matrix, we provided automated test scripts. More than 20,000 tests were executed in 1 week.

Room for Improvement

The current version is sufficient for our purposes at the moment. There were, however, some issues with deployment and the integration into Solution Manager.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for three years. Our primary system is SAP and we use UFT through SAP Solution Manager as a third-party testing tool.

Again, we had issues with deployment and the integration into Solution Manager. These are mostly resolved and the current situation is stable.

There were no issues with the stability.

There were no issues with the scalability.

We do not have a direct support contract with HP. Our license is through SAP. Customer support is 10/10 for HP and 8/10 for SAP, but improving.

This is my first involvement with automated testing software.

The initial set up was straightforward once we cleared up some communication issues. The first end-to-end automated test was functional within a week.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through a SAP team, but now manage all maintenance and upgrades internally.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The license for this product is provided through our support contract with SAP. Any other product would incur additional license costs.

Other Advice

My only experience is with the product fully integrated with SAP. We are not licensed to use this as a standalone product we must connect to SAP.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Learn More About UFT

Fill out the form to view the report

3 Comments
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

I noticed that you mentioned you are a worldwide organization and execute 20,000 tests per week. It might help the reader if you mentioned how many locations there are using UFT. Also, could you please elaborate on how many people are executing all of these scripts and how the test results are being managed for such a high volume per week? Have you run into any problems with object identification between UFT and SAP?

04 March 16
Jim GraleyConsultant

Hi Don,

Our primary system is SAP and this is licensed world wide. We manage our testing through SAP Solution Manager and this is our link to UFT. UFT is used as a third party tool to record and manipulate automated test scripts. The tests are stored and executed from SAP. UFT is only used in one location and we only have 2 seat licenses.

The 20,000 tests referred to is not a weekly occurrence but was for a project when the financial matrix was changed. We run 22 E2E Business Process scenarios on a regular basis and use the automated testing to supplement our manual testing for the quarterly change release cycle.

There have been some issues with object identification, usually fairly easily resolved. Only once have we failed to create a test due to object recognition

Best Regards
Jim

09 March 16
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Jim,
Thank you for the reply and it answered my questions. I worked on a couple of SAP projects several years ago and I remember it is a very high-tech, high-quality Enterprise Solution. I remember having to pad a lot of data with the leading zeroes in the data-table.

11 March 16