Varonis Datalert Review

It does a good job on file share awareness and has phenomenal technical support

What is our primary use case?

I'm relatively new to this organization. I'm just comparing and contrasting ManageEngine Log360 and Varonis DatAlert. Both tools are rather new to me. I know that they're kind of looking at both. I don't know if they're going to want to maintain both. There seem to be some use cases to retain both. I think they've had DatAlert a little bit longer than Log360.

I've done a couple of webinars, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to just kind of dive into both of those. I'm still in the developmental stage, and I am evaluating both of these solutions. I am trying to compare apples to apples as to what they do and where their strengths and weaknesses lie to make sure that if we got rid of one, we weren't going to be missing out on something.

What is most valuable?

On the Varonis side, technical support is phenomenal. Their ability to explain is very good, and they seem to be very knowledgeable. When I get an alert that doesn't quite make sense, they dive in there and kind of take me through it. That's very useful and very good. There are some false alerts, but it is better to have a false alert than no alert at all.

What needs improvement?

We have Microsoft Office 365. I just saw an article today which says that they're actually getting integrated with Microsoft Office 365, which would be a useful feature.

For user-based reports, log on activity, and stuff like that, it doesn't seem to really be present like Log360. That could just be my inexperience with it. I've been dealing with it for only about two and a half months.

This tool is rather new to me. I've been dealing with it for only about two and a half months.

Their technical support is phenomenal.

I'm just comparing and contrasting ManageEngine Log360 and Varonis DatAlert. Log360 seems to do a little bit a better job on user-based awareness for running reports, and DatAlert seems to be doing a little bit better job on file share awareness. Log360 seems to actually be a full scene, and Varonis seems to integrate with scenes.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Varonis DatAlert a nine out of ten.

More Varonis Datalert reviews from users
...who compared it with ManageEngine Log360
Find out what your peers are saying about Varonis, Microsoft, Splunk and others in User Behavior Analytics - UEBA. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.