vCloud Director Review

We can import acquisition products into our environment without reconfiguring them and it's infinitely scalable.

Valuable Features

The physical segmentation of networking and security.

Improvements to My Organization

Lately we have been using it to import acquisition products into our environment without reconfiguring them at all, due to how the segmentation works.

Room for Improvement

I feel like vCloud is two years behind the feature set – in terms of the UI, and vCenter. I can't do the same tasks that I can do in terms of UI as with vCenter.

It's stable, usually admin error if something goes wrong.

It's infinitely scalable.

It's good overall. We have had times when it has been slower than we would have liked, but I would say that about every vendor we use.

Setup is easy.

Other Solutions Considered

It's all about the product, what limitations the product doesn’t have. We speak to vendors all the time, but once you see a product and how it will fit in then that’s the real test.

Other Advice

You can't go wrong with VMware. The stability and the flexibility it allows, they do it best compared to competitors. Peer reviews are fairly important but I try to form my opinion from a POC over anything else.