vCloud Director Review

Its self-service capabilities allow us to give resources to our customers. They can spin up as many or as few machines as they like.

What is our primary use case?

We use it and have several customers who use it.

It has performed well. We don't have any real problems with it.

How has it helped my organization?

The product helped us get more customers, so that worked out quite well. It saves us a lot of time provisioning new clients.

What is most valuable?

vCloud Director works and makes my life easier. Its self-service capabilities allow us to give resources to our customers. They can spin up as many or as few machines as they like, and it works. We don't have to worry about it. We maintain the platform, and our customers take care of the rest.

I am happy with the data protection.

So far, we have had no problems at all, as it has been very stable. It is working well.

I always worry about disaster recovery. I can't afford for it to break.

It is very scalable, which is one of the reasons that we use it. We have not had to increase the resources that we have thrown at it yet. However, when we do, the process should be straightforward.

We have never really needed any technical support.

When we were first creating the cloud, we asked for some input from some VMware specialists. Since then, we haven't had any issues.

We were using VMware already, then some of our customers asked if we could give them a cloud solution

In the end, the initial setup was straightforward, but we had to try to do it a few times.

There seemed to be different bits of paperwork or instructions available from various places. We always had to go looking for what to do next. There didn't seem to be any type of integrated path on how to do the initial setup.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

We had experience with VMware, so we stuck with VMware.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend VMware and vCloud Director, if they want to go cloud.

More vCloud Director reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider