Veritas NetBackup Appliance Review

A stable solution with professional technical support, but it is too expensive

How has it helped my organization?

We have heard from many of our customers that they are very satisfied with NetBackup. Also, our technical engineer is very satisfied with the options and with the flexibility of the system, as it can be integrated into many hardware and software technologies.

What is most valuable?

NetBackup is based on really good architectural hardware, and Veritas has the best backup and replication technology in the world.

What needs improvement?

The price needs to be improved because it is really expensive.

I have been working with Veritas NetBackup Appliance for approximately four years.

We have not had any problems with stability.

There are between 40 and 50 users.

The technical support is good. The team in Morocco are very professional and they help us every time, with no problem.

I would also recommend using Nakivo because it is a competitive product. It handles replication well.

However, if the customer wants an appliance then I recommend Veritas because it is more stable and more efficient.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product but it is very expensive.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More Veritas NetBackup Appliance reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Veritas NetBackup Appliance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.