VMware Cloud Foundation Review

A complete data center with good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use it to deploy different customers on to a single platform. We manage the hardware from the top foundation. We look at the logs and we position the networks.

What is most valuable?

In release 4.0 they have features from vSphere and Cloud Suite. It's a complete data center.

What needs improvement?

They should let other companies have their management platform. They have their SDDC manager now and other companies that have other products that do the same thing but they should let it connect.

I would like to be able to connect the APIs.

I have been using VMware Cloud Foundation for five years.

It has good stability.

The scalability is good.

We have used support for other solutions and they're good.

The setup complexity will depend on who you are. I think it's pretty easy. It has a spreadsheet. It's fairly easy. Others might think the opposite. Someone who is familiar with VMware would say it's easy.

The deployment takes around a few days but it depends on the complexity of the setup. We can have the basics up in one day but to have it working will take a few days.

It takes three employees to manage it.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise looking at the hardware first and deciding whether you'd prefer performance or storing data. I would use different setups for different VMs. For the network, do your math before you set it up.

It's complete right now. The new release has just been released. If the container orchestrator isn't there, I would like to see that in the next release.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

More VMware Cloud Foundation reviews from users