VMware Horizon View Review

Good for VM users and developers; great sorting feature to create UI on demand

What is our primary use case?

The company I worked for were partners of VMware Horizon View. I worked as a system engineer.

What is most valuable?

What I liked was the sorting feature to create the UI on demand. We sorted complaints from a vendor image of the virtual machine.

What needs improvement?

There could be some improvement with the automation of the set up. If deployment and configuration were simplified, more companies will choose the product.

I used this solution for about one year.

The stability depends on the kind of stack that's in the configuration.

The solution is scalable but it's not a simple process. If you want to add any kind of component it involves some work. You need to be prepared, you have to have a certain level of knowledge in terms of environment and in terms of stack to be able to scale it.

I have a little bit of experience with technical support. It's not bad and can be useful.

If you don't know enough about VMware, then the initial setup can be complex. It's not for a standard user. You need to have some experience with VPN otherwise it creates issues. Standard deployment takes a minimum of one or two days.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is the best solution for VDI in VM for VM users and developers. You can implement in other cases as well. For example, with Nutanix, you can use Horizon View, it is completely compatible, and you can use it to integrate HCI or other solutions. I think it's a very good solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

6.7
More VMware Horizon View reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about VMware Horizon View. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.