VMware Horizon View Review

The most valuable features for us are the Horizon-linked clone desktops, App Volumes, and UEM.

What is most valuable?

• Horizon-linked clone desktops
  • App Volumes
  • UEM

How has it helped my organization?

With Horizon view, it requires less administration from us and it provides much more flexibility for our users.

What needs improvement?

Integration of app volumes with Horizon View and integration of App Volumes with UEM would be nice additions.

I've used it for three years.

App volumes introduces longer login times, printer mapping issues (print spooler crashes), and short cut configuration timing issues.

We didn't encounter any issues with stability.

We didn't encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer service is good.

Horizon: good. App Volumes and UEM: bad. Their support does not have good knowledge of the product.

We previously used Citrix. VMware is a better integrated solution for virtual desktops.

The initial setup was straightforward, but minimal. It takes time to configure all details. The default configuration should be better.

We are a consultancy partner. We implement it.

We evaluated Citrix XenDesktop.

What other advice do I have?

Always use VMware Horizon Enterprise Suite. It has deep integration with the hypervisor. It is total solution.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're an enterprise partner.
More VMware Horizon View reviews from users