VMware Horizon View Review

Good organization and integration, helps reduce maintenance costs

What is our primary use case?

Use as a test center for medical students was the primary purpose of the launch. The number of users seen included was about two hundred. The model was kiosk-mode. Each time, after the end of the virtual machine exam, it was presented. It had to change on the user.

How has it helped my organization?

Organizing and integrating is perhaps the most important feature.

Reducing maintenance costs as well as reducing end-time service to end users can be another feature.

Infrastructure equipment and Zero Client. It also has great flexibility in infrastructure changes, both in software and in hardware. You can increase the resources needed by the user or software needed in a few seconds.

What is most valuable?

Managing all operating systems in a single environment helped a lot in organizing and integrating it. Also, there is no operating system on the user-side hardware.

There is no worry that it will crash and you will be able to recover it in seconds.

Using this solution in medium to large organizations can be justified. Since virtualization is widespread in many organizations today, launching this solution may not require much infrastructure change.

Offices that do not require much processing are a good place to use this solution.

What needs improvement?

Places such as universities are not suitable for this solution.

The initial startup costs for this solution are relatively high.

We have been using this solution for three years.

Because it's more focused on integration, it's much more flexible and easier to manage.

This solution is Very Scalable

The technical support for this solution is very satisfying.

We tried solutions from Parallels, but it didn't seem right for the organization.

Most organizations have gone to virtualization and VMware clustering. Most of the work is already done.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

We have seen ROI between two and three years.

The initial startup costs for this solution are relatively high.

Licensing and hardware outsourcing is expensive, but can be cost-effective in the three to five-year range.