VMware SRM Review

The recovery plans and customization options are great. I also the love the re-protect feature for easier fallback.

What is most valuable?

The recovery plans and customization options. I also the love the re-protect feature for easier fallback.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to migrate 100 virtual servers to our St. Louis office with very little downtime.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the database come built-in to the product. I would also prefer to the SRM server come as a virtual appliance instead of a windows vm. I would also like to see a way to control bandwidth usage.

3 years.

No, the process is very well documented.

No, but you need to have a good understanding of your bandwidth between sites. SRM does not have a native way to throttle bandwidth usage.

Excellent.

Excellent.

We looked at various types of solutions like Veeam, DoubleTake and Neverfail.

It was very straightforward.

In-house.

We were able to reduce the cost of our overall DR infrastructure while increase our recovery time. We are seeing a 25% return.

Yes, Veeam, Neverfail and DoubleTake.

What other advice do I have?

Take the time to understand your change rate of your servers, your bandwidth capabilities and the recovery objects for your DR plan.

More VMware SRM reviews from users