VMware SRM Review
The recovery plans and customization options are great. I also the love the re-protect feature for easier fallback.

Valuable Features

The recovery plans and customization options. I also the love the re-protect feature for easier fallback.

Improvements to My Organization

We were able to migrate 100 virtual servers to our St. Louis office with very little downtime.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see the database come built-in to the product. I would also prefer to the SRM server come as a virtual appliance instead of a windows vm. I would also like to see a way to control bandwidth usage.

Use of Solution

3 years.

No, the process is very well documented.

No, but you need to have a good understanding of your bandwidth between sites. SRM does not have a native way to throttle bandwidth usage.

Excellent.

Excellent.

We looked at various types of solutions like Veeam, DoubleTake and Neverfail.

It was very straightforward.

Implementation Team

In-house.

ROI

We were able to reduce the cost of our overall DR infrastructure while increase our recovery time. We are seeing a 25% return.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, Veeam, Neverfail and DoubleTake.

Other Advice

Take the time to understand your change rate of your servers, your bandwidth capabilities and the recovery objects for your DR plan.