VMware SRM Reviews

industry
rating
Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jun 06 2018

What is most valuable?

There is zero RPO and zero RTO when combined with the EMC solution called RecoverPoint.

How has it helped my organization?

it is a complementary solution to EMC's data recovery solutions, or RecoverPoint. Combined with VMware SRM it offers zero RPO and zero RTO, so it's a good solution for both EMC's Toolkit, and for the customer.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other storage solutions. I would hope to see that within the next two or three years.

We have always used VMware solutions because VMware is owned by EMC. So we've only used VMware SRM. The most important criteria when selecting a vendor are stability, scalability, things that Microsoft had issues with.

What other advice do I have?

Before choosing a cheaper solution, I would advise checking the limitations or boundaries of each solution. Compare VMware to Microsoft Hyper-V and other solutions - maybe open-source - and then see which fits your needs best.
User
User at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Mar 07 2018

What is most valuable?

* vSphere Replication does not take snapshots, although it will keep your snapshots. Site Recovery Manager with SAN Replication does not take snapshots of the VMs, but will take snapshots on the LUNs via the SRA to the storage provider. * When you perform a failover, the LUNs can be chosen to sync… more»

How has it helped my organization?

It made the DR process a lot faster and easier for recovery after we were familiar with the product operation.

What needs improvement?

* SRM may hit some OS issues related to IP changes, but they are usually OS related, especially in the 2008 realm. SRM runs a batch file on the OS through tools that will change the IP stack. If something fails with that, or it hits duplicates or hidden devices, it can cause issues. * Veeam had some… more»

We are evaluating to determine if there are other products which can provide cheaper solutions.
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Veeam Software, Dell EMC and others in Disaster Recovery (DR) Software. Updated: October 2019.
378,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Prabhu S
Project Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 06 2018

What do you think of VMware SRM?

What is our primary use case?

VMware failover is our primary use case of DC DR automation. We are integrated with array-based replication.

How has it helped my organization?

We had not achieved our RTO before the SRM implementation. But now, we have achieved our RTO for DR drill.

What is most valuable?

Array-based integration is the most valuable feature. It has a user-friendly dashboard and will use the same vCenter console.

What needs improvement?

DR drill report is good but needs to be improved, and the replication monitoring feature is not available.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About VMware SRM

378,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

VMware SRM Questions

What is VMware SRM?

VMware Site Recovery Manager is the industry-leading solution to enable application availability and mobility across sites in private cloud environments. Site Recovery Manager allows: Fast and reliable IT disaster recovery, simple and policy-based management, zero-downtime application mobility, and up to 50% lower TCO.
Also known as
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
VMware SRM customers
Acorda Therapeutics, Columbia Sportswear, Mainfreight, Nippon Express, Sin Chew Media, Fisher & Paykel, Siam City Bank
Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Disaster Recovery (DR) Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Veeam Software, Dell EMC, and more!