• VMware Server is problem solving and cost saving.
• No need to buy hardware for every server required, just purchase one server and run multiple virtual machines on that single hardware.
• Offers testing solutions, provisioning solutions, and makes testing and rolling out installation easier.
• Easy to use technology and industry leader in virtualization technology.
Room for Improvement:
• The new Graphic User Interface is not of high quality.
• Web based User Interface means breaching compatibility with any principle of rich client applications, and means lots of bugs particular to every different browser
A major issue with this server is that there are several free solutions offered. These are very appealing because of the virtualization rollout that cuts costs. If your intention is to decrease costs by using the VMware Server instead of several machines for several servers, the horsepower of the VMware hardware should be very powerful or every virtual machine will experience a mess.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 12 2012