VMware vSphere Review

VMware ESXi rocks

Valuable Features:

Brilliant hyper-visor with proven virtualization stack.

Room for Improvement:

You need to learn the internals of the system to really customize and reap all benefits.
More VMware vSphere reviews from users
...who compared it with Hyper-V
Learn what your peers think about VMware vSphere. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
5 Comments

author avatarit_user1068 (Tech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

Can you rate this product on a scale of 1-10 based on your experience using it?

author avatarit_user2652 (Project Manager at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees)
Top 20PopularVendor

@tina5saga........I would rate 8 out of 10 for ESXi. I have used Oracle VM and Xen too. I have found ESXi most interesting........

@Kapilmalik - That's some good rating there. ESXi deserves it. What, according to your opinion (based on your personal experience using the products) makes ESXi more interesting than either the Oracle VM or Xen?

author avatarit_user4524 (Founder & Principal Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

I'll weigh in here. Oracle VM and Xen are good products, but when compared to these and other hypervisors on the market, ESXi requires a lot less cumbersome to manage. The simplicity of it is without question. The ease of administration is very good. And I live in the performance world, and I find that the scalability and raw performance overhead of ESXi versus everyone else still is the best.