VMware vSphere Review

Fast, manageable, and secure. But no web interface without vCenter

Valuable Features:

Fast Manageable Secure Low overhead

Room for Improvement:

Little expensive Needs a lot of dependencies No web interface without vCenter
More VMware vSphere reviews from users
...who compared it with Hyper-V
Learn what your peers think about VMware vSphere. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
6 Comments

author avatarHenry (Tata Consultancy Services)
Top 5Real User

Did you running into any issue with VACI on NetApp filer while running hardware based clone or FlexClone?

Thanks

Henry

author avatarit_user6561 (Virtualization Counsultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees)

Hi
Sorry but i don't have NetApp in my infrastracture. we use Hp SAN and EMC

author avatarHenry (Tata Consultancy Services)
Top 5Real User

Thanks Armin for your kindly update.

author avatarit_user1068 (Tech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

Hello Armin

Due to the additional costs that come with implementation of vCenter, would you recommend ESXi to a budding small enterprise that is not yet financially stable? Is it worthwhile?

author avatarit_user2652 (Project Manager at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees)
Top 20PopularVendor

Which SAN is preferred over ESXi? I am using Dell Compellent so far, it seems to be fine. But I have heard people using EMC, HP. I am planning to buy one more storage. Which one do you recommend for ESXi hosts?