VMware vSphere Review

Its vMotion and HA features provide for an expandable and usable virtualization solution, but the web GUI is a bit clunky in version 6.

What is most valuable?

• vMotion
  • High Availability
  • Storage vMotion
  • DRS

How has it helped my organization?

We have v5.5 in production, and v6 in test.

As we are resellers of VMware, we will be migrating customers to v6 in the future. This is to keep in line with new features and better performance in new versions

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the old vSphere client back as it is a great client to use. Sometimes the web GUI can be a bit clunky along with the newer client.

I used it for two months in a test scenario.

It was fine.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Technical support with VMware is very good. Once they have the logs from your system they will come back with a solution fast.

We used a previous version of VMware.

We've only deployed v6 in a lab environment, but it was easy to deploy, and there was no major differences to v5.5

We did it in-house.

None as of yet but hopefully we will see one.

No other products were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise you to implement it as I believe it's still the best in virtualization for expandability and usability.

**Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners and have a good relationship.
More VMware vSphere reviews from users
...who compared it with Hyper-V